By Jon D. Payne,Sebastian Heck
In 'A religion worthy Teaching', edited by means of Jon Payne and Sebastian Heck, an array of devoted pastor-scholars have a good time the Heidelberg Catechism on its 450th anniversary with a set of essays on its dynamic background, wealthy theology, and fruit-bearing perform that would be an encouragement to pastors and laypersons alike.
Table of Contents:
Foreword: the Heidelberg Catechism: the key of its good fortune - Herman J. Selderhuis
Part 1: The heritage and historical past of the Heidelberg Catechism
1. The background and folks in the back of the Heidelberg Catechism - Lyle D. Bierma
2. The Heidelberg Catechism within the usa - D. G. Hart
Part 2: The Heidelberg Catechism and the technique of Grace
3. protecting Firmly to the Heidelberger: The Validity and Relevance of Catechism Preaching - Joel R. Beeke
4. Preaching the Catechism this day - Joel R. Beeke
5. “Washed from All My Sins”: The Doctrine of Baptism within the Heidelberg Catechism - Sebastian Heck
6. “As definitely As I See and Taste”: The Lord’s Supper and the Heidelberg Catechism – Jon D. Payne
Part three: Christian Doctrine and the Heidelberg Catechism
7. amassed, secure, and Preserved: The Church within the Heidelberg Catechism - Michael S. Horton
8. Grace and Gratitude: Justification and Sanctification within the Heidelberg Catechism - Cornelis P. Venema
9. The Christology of the Heidelberg catechism - Mark Jones
10. “Prophet, health care professional Jesus”: the Son of God as “Our excessive Priest and instructor” within the Heidelberg Catechism - Victor E. d’Assonville
11. The Spirit-Filled Catechism: The Heidelberg Catechism and the Holy Spirit - Daniel R. Hyde
Part four: The Heidelberg Catechism As Catechetical instrument
12. The Heidelberg Catechism one of the Reformed Catechisms - W. Robert Godfrey
13. The Heidelberg Catechism: A Catechetical device - Willem Verboom
14. Scholasticism within the Heidelberg Catechism? - Willem van’t Spijker
“This is a superb number of articles, either functional and scholarly. there's a lot right here to assist us comprehend the historical past, the theology, and the ongoing relevance of the Heidelberg Catechism. As we pontificate during the Heidelberg in our church i'll definitely seek advice this ebook usually. It caused me to reconsider and back ‘Isn’t the Catechism remarkable!’ and, extra importantly, ‘Isn’t the gospel amazing!’” — Kevin DeYoung, senior pastor at college Reformed Church, Lansing, Michigan, and writer of the good news We virtually Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a sixteenth Century Catechism
“As a precis and interpretation of God’s note composed for and certified by way of the Reformed church buildings, the Heidelberg Catechism (1563) has a distinct position within the lifetime of the church buildings. we should always be glad about 'A religion worthy Teaching', a great source that is helping us higher comprehend and use the catechism in our time.” — R. Scott Clark, professor of church background and old theology, Westminster Seminary California
Read Online or Download A Faith Worth Teaching: The Heidelberg Catechism’s Enduring Heritage PDF
Best church history books
This paintings is a fruits of evidence and fees of American’s that depict the impression that the Bible, the written note of God, has had on their lives and the production of our country and its wonderful background. A historical past that needs to be taught to each American. A historical past that must not ever be positioned away on a shelf to be forgotten.
Die religiöse Sprache ist weitgehend verflacht. In dieser scenario, in der es quickly überall an der Kompetenz mangelt, die christliche culture in den Fluss der Zeit zu bringen, ist vor allem eine religiöse Sprachlehre notwendig. Hubertus Halbfas deckt einmal mehr ein drängendes Desiderat auf. Als praktischer Theologe hat er sich ein Leben lang damit befasst, wie alte religiöse Traditionen heute zur Sprache kommen können.
During this, the 3rd of the sequence at the historical past of the Catholic Popes, we come to a really very important epoch within the heritage of the Catholic Church, spanning the total seventh. and eighth. centuries and the reigns of thirty popes. It starts off in 604 with the election of Pope Sabinian and ends with the reign of Leo III who died in 816.
A gorgeous publication of meditations on a variety of Christian virtues or charisms as mirrored within the lives of 9 holy Dominican women and men. Manifesting the targeted grace and spirit given to St. Dominic, those amazing lives are shining examples for contemporary Christians on how one can make the Gospel instructing incarnate in latest international.
- Of Queen and Prophets - The Garabandal Events and The End of Times
- An Introduction to the Unitarian and Universalist Traditions (Introduction to Religion)
- Do You Want to Save The Church?: A Handbook for Pastors and Lay People
- Von Jesus zum Neuen Testament: Studien zur urchristlichen Theologiegeschichte und zur Entstehung des neutestamentlichen Kanons (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) (German Edition)
- Preaching and Politics: Engagement without Compromise
Additional info for A Faith Worth Teaching: The Heidelberg Catechism’s Enduring Heritage
A Faith Worth Teaching: The Heidelberg Catechism’s Enduring Heritage by Jon D. Payne,Sebastian Heck