By Dawn-Marie Gibson
This e-book presents a desirable, remarkable examine the kingdom of Islam, together with its heritage, the complexity of its perspectives in the direction of orthodox Muslims, ladies, and different minorities, and the trajectory of the gang after the 1995 Million guy March.
• A chronology of significant occasions within the historical past of the stream from its inception to offer day
• assets comprise first-hand money owed, interviews, and records from the FBI
• Biographical sketches of the founding fathers and the organization's such a lot influential leaders
• An in-depth research of the roots of the kingdom of Islam and its foreign dimensions
Read or Download A History of the Nation of Islam: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom PDF
Best islam books
Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani (1879 1957) used to be a political activist, Islamic pupil, and supporter of Gandhi in the course of the fight for India’s independence. Humane and fiercely committed even if campaigning opposed to the separation of Pakistan, or in favour of democracy and inter-religious peace, he brooked no nonsense and fought relentlessly for what he believed in.
Liu Zhi (c. 1662-c. 1730), a widely known Muslim pupil in China, released in chinese language notable theological works, brief treatises, and easy-to-memorize brief poems on Islam. He encountered a number of demanding situations in his interpretation and transmission of Islamic texts. First, conventional Arabic and Persian Islamic texts used Arabic and Persian options to give an explanation for Islam.
Seit Jahrzehnten leben Muslime in Deutschland, und doch werden sie von vielen als fremd, ja als Bedrohung empfunden. Mathias Rohe leistet mit seiner fundierten Bestandsaufnahme zum Islam in Deutschland einen Beitrag zur Versachlichung. Das Buch beschreibt die Geschichte des Islams in Deutschland und die Vielfalt muslimischen Lebens in der Gegenwart.
A suite of contemporary Sufi stories through popular Rumi translator and Sufi start up Nevit Ergin • includes 24 deceptively basic tales that invoke wondering and information • via the popular English translator of Rumi’s entire Divan-i Kebir Sufi tales have regularly been a method of establishing a portal that permits us to boost from our uncomplicated perceptions into states of remarkable know-how.
- Becoming Better Muslims: Religious Authority and Ethical Improvement in Aceh, Indonesia (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)
- Islamic Leviathan: Islam and the Making of State Power (Religion and Global Politics)
- Reshaping the Holy: Democracy, Development, and Muslim Women in Bangladesh
- Den Islam neu denken: Der Dschihad für Demokratie, Freiheit und Frauenrechte (Beck'sche Reihe) (German Edition)
Additional info for A History of the Nation of Islam: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom
A History of the Nation of Islam: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom: Race, Islam, and the Quest for Freedom by Dawn-Marie Gibson